Cielarka Cimos are insect creatures based on rhinoceros beetles and butterflies. They were released along with Ombra Vespertos, Senvida Nagantos, and Monta Selos. They are commonly found in the Cupboard and can be brought from the Genome Splicer.
"A soft iridescence shimmers on this rough capsule’s surface."
"Small and fat, this lethargic juvenile moves only to find another source of food. It is almost constantly eating. Much of its time is spent underwater, though occasionally it will creep onto dry ground before retreating to its watery home. As it develops, it spends more and more time out of the water. It dislikes being handled and will struggle and nip with its sharp mandibles until released."
"Although only found in dark caves, Cielarka Cimos display a surprising array of colors. This diversity of patterns and shades may be caused by their main source of food: a bioluminescent moss called Kaverno Musko. Their eyes are particularly sensitive to the soft light given off by the moss, and they can detect slight differences in wing patterns even in such a dim setting. Cielarka Cimo males will display their wings to potential mates in demonstrations of their aerial agility. Flight capability is particularly important for evading their two main predators—Ombra Vespertos and Senvida Nagantos—and thus the main attribute for choosing a mate. Eggs are laid in clumps on blades of Stona Strio, an aquatic grass, just below the water level. Grubs are semiaquatic until they leave the water to pupate, after which they emerge fully formed as adults. When at rest—they do not sleep, but relax in a state of torpor for several hours at a time—their folded wings are partially covered by a hard outer shell, which serves as protection and camouflage. In a laboratory setting, they show no fear of bright lights and will often flock around them. For this reason, they should be kept away from open flames, as their delicate scaled wings are easily damaged."
|Blood Orange||Blue||Silver & Gold|
|Yellow||Silver & Purple||Violet|
Resplendent (Yellow, Purple)
(Orange, Dark Spots)
|Red Admiral||Orange Longwing
(Orange, Yellow, Green Spots)
(Blue, Dark Purple)
|Lunar Moth||Red, Black|
|Swallowtail||Mint, Dark Purple|
(Brown, Blue, Pink)
(Dark Blue, Pink)
(Red, Yellow Spots)
- "Red Harlequin" 's full name is the Malay Red Harlequin. "Orange Harlequin" is a recolor.
- "Orange Resplendent" 's full name is the Resplendent Forester. "Green Resplendent" is a recolor.
- "Fritillary" 's full name is the Gulf Fritillary. It's real life counterpart isn't red, but orange.
- "Garden" is a moth. Its full name is the Garden Tiger moth.
- "Mormon" 's full name is known as the Scarlet Mormon or Red Mormon.
- "Admiral" 's full name is the Red Admiral or Red Admirable.
- "Orange Longwing" 's full name is the Tiger Longwing. Its real life counterpart's smaller spots are usually either white or pale yellow. "Blue Longwing" is a recolor.
- "Io" is a moth. The Io moth is not to be confused with the Io butterfly.
- "Eastern" 's full name is the Eastern Tiger Swallowtail.
- "Emerald" 's full name is the Emerald Swallowtail.
- "Kaiser" 's full name is the Kaiser-I-Hind.
- "Wall" 's full name is the Large Wall Brown. Its real life counterpart isn't purple, but brown.
- "Blue Beauty" 's actual name is the Procilla Beauty. "Purple Beauty" is a recolor.
- "Leafwing" 's full name is the Noble Leafwing.
- "Gem" 's full name is the Malayan Gem.
- "Astyanax" 's common name is the Red-Spotted Purple Admiral, despite the butterfly being neither red nor purple.
- "Metalmark" 's full name is the Apollo Metalmark, Pink-Dotted Metalmark, or the Blue-Rayed Metalmark.
- "Passport" is an unknown.
TFO uses Esperanto as a basis for creature names (although it's not always exact--accents are ignored and spellings occasionally shift). “Cielarka Cimo” means “Rainbow Bug.”
Art by: Dohaerys. Descriptions by: Shark.